8/18/2015 12:00:00 PM
You may have picked up store-bought, boil-and-bite mouthguards for your kids without giving it a second thought. But are you doing enough to protect your child’s teeth as they play the sports they love? Sure, these mouthguards offer some protection for your little athlete’s smile, but there is a better alternative: professional-grade sports mouthguards.
Why Choose a Professional-Grade Sports Mouthguard?
Plain and simple, professional-grade sports mouthguards offer the best in protection, comfort, fit, and durability. And while they cost more upfront, in the long run they are an investment worth making. Here are the top reasons for choosing a professional-grade sports mouthguard.
Professional-grade sports mouthguards offer superior protection and actually reduce tooth breakage. They accomplish this by distributing the force of impact evenly over a larger surface—the entire tooth or multiple teeth—making teeth much less likely to be damaged.
These mouthguards are also extremely difficult to knock out during impact. This is because they are custom-fitted to the teeth and fit securely in place.
Comfort and Fit
Unlike their store-bought counterparts, professional-grade sports mouthguards do not interfere with breathing or speech during use, which allows for optimal performance and maximum endurance during game play. It goes without saying that unencumbered speech allows for clearer communication during play, as well.
Additionally, professional-grade sports mouthguards are ultra-thin and custom fitted to your child’s teeth. As a result, they are extremely comfortable, nearly impossible to knock-out, and ideal for wearing for extended periods of time. While your child may have complained about wearing their bulky boil-and-bite mouthguard, you might find they actually like wearing a professional-grade sports mouthguard.
Professional-grade sports mouthguards are custom fitted using state of the art, durable materials. They do not easily bend or break, and they retain their shape for the long haul—long after boil-and-bite mouthguards must be replaced.
Learn More Today!
If you want to provide your child with the best protection while they play the sports they love, consider a professional-grade sports mouthguard. While their cost might be more initially, they’re a great way to ensure your kid’s smile stays beautiful despite what happens on the field.
To learn more about the professional-grade sports mouthguards we offer, contact Dr. Avi Gibberman today. We’d love to discuss your options and answer any questions!
7/23/2015 6:44:23 PM
Acquiring a beautiful smile has never been easier! Among the most popular cosmetic dental therapies in the country, teeth whitening treatments safely remove unsightly discoloration and stains from the surface of the teeth, creating an instantly brighter and more attractive smile.
But not all teeth whitening treatments are created equal, and it takes a dedicated and experienced cosmetic dentist to guide patients through the assortment of choices. Dr. Avi Gibberman of Glen Allen, Virginia, offers his patients options designed to benefit their lifestyle and their dental health. Here are our top five reasons why you should choose Dr. Gibberman for all your teeth whitening needs:
1. Using a heat lamp or laser is often used in conjunction with teeth whitening products as many manufacturers claim it “activates” and “enhances” the whitening process. However, studies have shown that light does not significantly enhance the whitening effect. In fact, the heat from the light can heat the teeth, increasing the likelihood of post-operative temperature sensitivity, pain, and potential nerve damage. In a 2008 study by Munther A.M. Sulieman, it was discovered that the practice was a gamble, given that “an increase on the order of 10 degrees F within a tooth’s nerve space is thought to be able to cause irreversible nerve damage.” (onlinelibrary.wiley.com)
2. Dr. Gibberman’s approach is entirely patient focused – not only does Dr. Gibberman talk to his patients about the procedure and its potential outcome, but he also selects certain whitening procedures that ensure the patient’s comfort. Our doctor offers Opalescence whitening systems because the gel contains potassium nitrate and fluoride, which can benefit the teeth by both decreasing sensitivity and hardening enamel! While some temporary sensitivity is still possible, the potassium nitrate can decreases the level of sensitivity for many days.
3. Convenience and affordability in one location! Dr. Gibberman provides patients with a single 30 minute “boost” in-office treatment, and sends patients home with take home custom trays for ideal outcomes. This combination treatment means patients are able to quickly whiten their teeth without any disruption to their daily routine. And all for one affordable price!
4. Dr. Gibberman provides patients with different take home bleaching concentrations depending on their potential for sensitivity.
5. Patients are fully informed on how to care for their newly whitened teeth and what to expect from this noninvasive procedure. Patients are also welcome to take advantage of dental financing through CareCredit – a credit card that allows patients to get the cosmetic dental treatment they want by making manageable monthly payments. CareCredit makes it even easier for you to get the smile you’ve always dreamed about having!
For more information on your teeth whitening options or other cosmetic dentistry questions, contact Dr. Gibberman’s welcoming team today! Call 804-264-7008 or schedule an appointment online via the website at www.dravigibberman.com.
6/25/2015 5:00:10 AM
Losing teeth, be it from natural or traumatic causes, opens the door to a variety of questions and concerns. Prior to the invention of dental implants; dentures and bridges provided the only solution. Thanks to modern innovations in dentistry, patients now have a better option when missing teeth. In particular, dental implants provide a healthy, natural looking solution. Here are a few considerations from Dr. Avi Gibberman about the benefits offered by dental implants:
1 Preserves Natural Jawbone:
When tooth loss occurs, the missing tooth root from the jawbone can often lead to gradual bone loss. Traditional replacements options, such as dentures or bridges, do not address the bone loss problem and bone loss will continue to worsen overtime. Dental implants on the other hand, face no such limitations. They replace the root by using an artificial titanium post that anchors into the jaw, thus stimulating bone growth and preventing deterioration of the jawbone.
2 Prevents Shifting of Teeth:
Tooth loss can affect the alignment of your other teeth. With an empty gap, the surrounding teeth will begin to shift position and move into the vacant space(s). Complications can result such as bite misalignment, yielding even more problems in the future if the missing tooth is not replaced. Dental implants provide a fixed solution for the missing tooth thereby preserving tooth alignment and your bite.
3 Stabilize Bite:
By providing a replacement tooth root, dental implants offer a greater degree of stability for biting and chewing. Unlike dentures, there is no risk of slipping or moving around mid-chew, and there is no need for adhesives. Full or partial dentures also block the roof of your mouth, preventing you from tasting your food and speaking clearly. Dental implants have no such issues or limitations.
4 Restores Appearance:
Since dental implants fill in the spaces created by missing teeth, they can prevent the sunken look around the mouth, lips and cheeks. In fact, they are completely natural-looking and feeling, allowing the patient to regain their sense of self-confidence. This can have a tremendous positive effect on overall self-esteem.
There are many more reasons as to the benefits provided by dental implants. It is clear that dental implants are the healthiest and most ideal solution for replacing missing teeth. If you are interested in seeing if dental implants are right for you, Dr. Avi Gibberman can help answer all of your dental implant questions. He looks forward to helping restore your natural, beautiful, healthy smile.
3/10/2014 4:32:53 PM
We’re excited to announce the official launch of our Avi Gibberman, DDS blog.
We’ll be posting helpful dental tips, news from the dental industry, news from our practice, and more about the latest in dentistry.
We built our practice on the notion that we’re there for our patients when they need us and we want our online presence to be a reflection of that principle. We hope this blog provides an extra level of service to our current and future patients.
If you would like to stay up to date on the latest from Avi Gibberman, DDS, simply click the RSS “Subscribe to feed” link located on our website and subscribe. Our subscribers will be updated when we make a new blog post.
Here’s to your best oral health ever!